- Chambers Global 2022 notes that “Fietta are doing a great job and have a strong presence in the market”, adding: “There aren’t many people doing what they are doing and they are doing it well. They are very user-friendly.” Stephen Fietta KC is recognised as “extremely knowledgeable and has a very good understanding of international law”.
- Chambers UK 2022 describes Fietta LLP as “experts in public international law”, with “very good international lawyers”. Stephen Fietta KC is “a very impressive public international lawyer” who is “extremely sharp and well prepared”. Jiries Saadeh has “a sharp mind in the industry” and is “among the best in his generation in the world”.
- The Legal 500 2022 notes that “Fietta LLP fields truly standout individuals”. Jiries Saadeh is described as “truly an exceptional talent in PIL”, Ashique Rahman as “very intelligent”, while Laura Rees-Evans and Oonagh Sands are “highly competent”.
GAR 100 2021 states that “Fietta LLP possesses high professionalism and commitment”.
- Chambers UK 2021 describes Fietta LLP as a “very professional outfit” having “very good international lawyers”.
- The Legal 500 2021 states that “Stephen Fietta QC is a master of his field and translates the complexity of issues in a simple and direct manner”.
- Stephen Fietta KC is once again peer-selected for inclusion in the latest (Ninth) Edition of The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom©. Stephen has been awarded the Best Lawyers® 2021 Public International Law “Lawyer of the Year” in London.
- Fietta LLP has again been recognised by GAR 100 (2020) as one of the world’s leading international arbitration practices. GAR 100 cites clients’ praise for Fietta’s “high professionalism and commitment” and “deep knowledge of public international law” with “dedication to clients and meticulousness”. For further information, see here and here.
- Chambers Global (2020) rank Fietta LLP among the top global practices for both International Arbitration and Public International Law. Stephen Fietta KC is also ranked among the world’s leading practitioners in both categories. See Fietta Chambers Profile.
Who’s Who Legal (2020) has again recognised Stephen Fietta KC as among the world’s leading international arbitration practitioners, identifying him as a “Thought Leader” and a “Recommended Global Leader”. Ashique Rahman has been recognised again as a “Future Leader” in the field.
- Chambers UK (2020) has ranked Fietta LLP as one of the UK’s leading public international law and investor-State arbitration practices. Clients describe us as an ‘exceptional firm’ and value our ‘conscientiousness, effectiveness, attention to detail, and willingness to go the extra mile’. Stephen Fietta KC continues to be ranked as a leading practitioner in public international law and investment arbitration. Clients describe him as an ‘intellectual powerhouse’ ‘hugely knowledgeable and very tactically astute’ and admire his ‘constant stream of top-class instructions’.
The Legal 500 UK (2020) has ranked Fietta LLP as a top-tier firm in its public international law category. Sources comment that ‘Fietta is now undoubtedly the leading boutique in London in international arbitration and public international law’, with ‘talent from top to bottom’ and that ‘no other boutique in London comes close’. Stephen Fietta KC is ranked among the leading public international law practitioners with clients identifying him as ‘one of the best experts on public international law’, ‘very smart’ with ‘an outstanding reputation’. Jiries Saadeh is described as ‘among the best three of his generation’, ‘definitely a name to note’ and ‘simply fantastic’. Counsel Ashique Rahman is described as ‘excellent’ and named as a ‘rising star’ alongside Oonagh Sands. Laura Rees-Evans also receives individual recommendation.
- Stephen Fietta KC is peer-selected for inclusion in the Eighth Edition of The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom© for his expertise in Public International Law.
- Fietta LLP are “highly experienced lawyers” with “specialised knowledge and wealth of experience in public international law”. Clients value Fietta’s “effectiveness, attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile” and “positive and client-oriented approach.” Chambers Global (2019).
Stephen Fietta is “very talented” and “one of the best public international lawyers around”. Chambers Global (2019).
- The Legal 500 (2018) and Chambers UK (2019) each rank Fietta LLP as a leading practice in public international law and investment arbitration.
- “They are very smart folks.” and “very good on depth of resources, analysis and responsiveness.” “They are an exceptional bunch of individuals – they had an amazing grasp of the details and memory for the facts and figures. They had a very detailed grasp of a complicated case.” Chambers UK (2018).
- “They are easy-going and excellent lawyers – a real joy to work with.” Chambers UK (2018).
- Fietta LLP fields “a stellar group of lawyers” Legal 500 (2018). Fietta is a “very strong firm for PIL work; it has real depth of quality”. Legal 500 (2017).
- Legal 500 shortlisted Fietta LLP in two categories for its 2019 awards: “Dispute Resolution: Specialist Firm” and “Dispute Resolution: Individual (Stephen Fietta)”. We were the only shortlisted PIL firm and individual PIL specialist.
- GAR 100 has consistently ranked Fietta LLP as a leading firm in international arbitration.
- Stephen Fietta is a “world-leading PIL practitioner and an unflappable advocate” who is “meticulous, thorough and thoughtful”. Chambers UK (2019).
- Stephen Fietta is “one of the brightest lawyers that I have ever worked with, he has excellent writing skills and is extremely persuasive”; “Stephen’s cross-examination was incisive and a pleasure to observe”. Chambers UK (2018).
- Jiries Saadeh is “one of the most skilled lawyers around”. Legal 500 (2017).
- Stephen Fietta KC is peer-selected for inclusion in the Seventh Edition of The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom© for his expertise in Public International Law.
- Ashique Rahman is a “future leader” in international arbitration. Who’s Who Legal (2018).
- Stephen Fietta has “a wealth of experience representing states and investors before international tribunals in ICSID and UNCITRAL arbitrations. He is well regarded by peers and clients alike, who praise his analytical approach to mandates and considerable intellect”. Chambers UK (2016).
Stephen Fietta is “calm, measured and unflappable”. Legal 500 (2016).
- In 2017, Stephen Fietta was appointed to the United Kingdom Attorney-General’s ‘A’ panel for public international law following a competitive selection process. This was the first time that non-barristers were eligible for participation.
- Stephen Fietta has “a wealth of experience representing states and investors before international tribunals in ICSID and UNCITRAL arbitrations. He is well regarded by peers and clients alike, who praise his analytical approach to mandates and considerable intellect”. Chambers UK (2016). He is “calm, measured and unflappable”. Legal 500 (2016).